Thursday, September 29, 2022
Home LATEST NEWS Trump boasts that Latinos are supporting him... but ignores that they would...

Trump boasts that Latinos are supporting him… but ignores that they would still vote against him

President Donald Trump boasted Sunday that his support among Latino voters had increased, but he ignored a finding from the same poll that revealed most would not vote to re-elect him.

“Wow, I just found out that my Hispanic survey numbers are up 19%, up to 50%,” Trump tweeted on Sunday morning. “That’s because they know the Border issue better than anyone, and they want Security, which can only be achieved with a Wall.”

It seems likely that Trump got this stat from one of the conservative media outlets he regularly follows online. On Friday Breitbart Reports that “in the latest NPR/Marist/PBS poll, about 50 percent of Hispanic American voters this month said they approve of the job Trump is doing amid the government shutdown. This is an increase of 19 percentage points from to last month, when only about 31 percent of Hispanic voters said they approved of Trump.

similarly Newsmax reported Thursday that “50 percent of Latinos support the work Trump is doing, a significant jump from the 31 percent who had the same response in a December poll.”

Meanwhile, Fox News Insider wrote:

The poll indicates that 50 percent of Latinos surveyed approve of the job Trump is doing, an increase of 19 points since December of last year.

Republican strategist Gus Portella said Saturday on Fox & Friends that the improvement is “very important.”

“This president has made historic strides to help the Latino community,” he said, noting the low unemployment of Latinos under Trump.

the NPR/PBS NewsHour/Maris Poll in fact, it shows Trump with an unusually high level of support from the Latino community. The poll found that 50 percent of Latinos say they approve of Trump as president and 46 percent say they disapprove. Also according to the survey, 29 percent of Latinos strongly approve of Trump’s performance as president and 22 percent simply approve, for a total positive rating of 51 percent. In contrast, four percent disapprove and 41 percent strongly disapprove of the president’s performance, adding a negative rating of 45 percent.

However, the numbers are a bit more complicated than what was characterized in Trump’s boast. The same poll also found that while 27 percent of Latino voters would “definitely vote for President Trump” in 2020, 58 percent “would definitely vote against him.” Fifty percent of Latinos also felt the Trump administration was doing “very little” to work with Democrats in Congress to end the shutdown, with only 32 percent saying they were doing “sort of the right amount” and only 10 percent said they were doing “too much. By contrast, 63 percent said Democrats were doing too little to work with the Trump administration, compared with 17 percent who said they were doing the right thing and 8 percent who said they were doing too much. Fifty-five percent said they like elected officials who can work with people they disagree with, while only 39 percent said they like elected officials who “stick to their positions.”


RELATED ARTICLES

Chinese tycoon Richard Liu faces civil trial for alleged rape

MINNEAPOLIS -- A Chinese billionaire, one of the world's richest people, is headed to trial in Minneapolis to defend himself against accusations that he...

Live Updates: Hurricane Ian Hits Florida

Hurricane Ian has weakened to a Category 1 hurricane as it moves through central Florida, the National Hurricane Center said Wednesday afternoon. The...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Framed answer today September 29: clues and clues about movies

Are you trying to solve today's Framed for September 29th and need help? Today's Framed was directed by one of the most influential filmmakers of...

You can’t eat without natural gas

by Heidi HeitkampSeptember 28, 2022 5:57 p.m. ETlisten article(2 minutes)The United Nations World Food Program has called 2022 a "year of unprecedented hunger." ...