Are you looking for an eCommerce platform to help you create an online store and sell products?
In this Sellfy review, we’ll talk about how this eCommerce platform can allow you to sell digital products while keeping full control of your marketing.
And the best part? Starting your business can be done in just five minutes.
So let’s talk about the Sellfy platform and all the benefits it can bring to your business.
What is Sellfy?
selly is an e-commerce solution that enables digital content creators, including writers, illustrators, designers, musicians, and filmmakers, to sell their products online. Sellfy provides a customizable store where users can display their digital products and insert “Buy Now” buttons on their website or blog. Sellfy product pages allow users to showcase their products from different angles with multiple images and previews from Soundcloud, Vimeo and YouTube. Files of up to 2 GB can be uploaded to Sellfy, and the company offers unlimited bandwidth and secure file storage. Users can also embed their entire store or individual project widgets on their site, with the ability to preview how widgets will appear before they are displayed.
selly is a powerful eCommerce platform that helps you customize your online storefront. You can add your logo, change colors, review navigation, and edit your store design. Sellfy also allows you to create a full shopping cart so customers can purchase multiple items. And Sellfy gives you the ability to set your language or allow customers to see a translated version of your store based on their location.
selly gives you the option to host your store directly on their platform, add a custom domain to your store, and use it as an integrated store on your website. Sellfy also optimizes their store offers for mobile devices, allowing for a seamless checkout experience.
selly It allows creators to host all of their products and sell all of their digital products on one platform. Sellfy also doesn’t set storage limits on its store, but recommends that files don’t exceed 5GB. Creators can sell standard and subscription products in any file format supported by the online marketplace. Customers can buy products instantly after making a purchase, there is no waiting period.
You can organize your store by creating your product categories, sorting by any features you choose. Your title, description and image will be included on each product page. In this way, customers can immediately evaluate all your products. You can offer different pricing options for all of your products, including “pay what you want,” where the price is entirely up to the customer. This option allows you to give customers control over the cost of individual items (no floor price) or to set floor prices, a good option if you’re in a competitive market or when you have high-end products. You can also offer fixed prices per product as well as free products to help increase the popularity of your store.
Sellfy is ideal for selling digital content, such as e-books. But it doesn’t allow you copyrighted material (that you don’t have rights to distribute).
Sellfy offers several ways to share your store, allowing you to promote your business on different platforms. Sellfy allows you to integrate it with your existing website using “shop now” buttons, embed your entire store, or embed certain products so you can reach more people. Sellfy also allows you to connect with your Facebook page and YouTube channel, maximizing your visibility.
Payments and security
Sellfy is a simple online platform that allows customers to purchase your products directly through your store. Sellfy has two payment processing options: PayPal and Stripe. You’ll receive instant payments with both processors, and your customer data is protected by Sellfy’s secure payment (PCI compliant) security measures. In addition to payment security, Sellfy provides anti-fraud tools to help protect your products, including PDF sealing, unique download links, and limited download attempts.
Marketing and analytics tools
The Sellfy platform includes marketing and analytics tools to help you manage your online store. You can send product updates via email and collect newsletter subscribers through the platform. With Sellfy, you can also offer discount codes and product upsells, as well as create and track Facebook and Twitter ads for your store. The software’s analytics dashboard will help you track your top performing products, revenue generated, traffic channels, top locations, and overall store performance.
To expand functionality and make your eCommerce store run more efficiently, Sellfy offers various integrations. Google Analytics and Webhooks, as well as integrations with Patreon and Facebook Live Chat, are just some of the options available. Sellfy lets you connect to Zapier, which gives you access to hundreds of third-party apps, including tools like Mailchimp, Trello, Salesforce, and more.
Premium plan prices and features
The free plan comes with:
- Up to 10 products
- Print products on demand
- physical products
The starter plan comes with:
- Everything is Free, plus:
- unlimited products
- digital products
- subscription products
- Connect your domain
- 2,000 email credits
The business plan comes with:
- Everything in Starters, plus:
- Remove “Sellfy” branding
- Store Design Migration
- cart abandonment
- Additional sale of products
- 10,000 email credits
The premium plan comes with:
- Everything in Business, plus:
- Product migration
- Priority support
- 50,000 email credits
Sellfy Review: Pros and Cons
Sellfy has its pros and cons, but luckily, the pros outweigh the cons.
- It only takes a few minutes to set up an online store and start selling products.
- You can sell your products in a single store, even if you sell multiple types of products.
- Sellfy supports the sale of a variety of product types, including physical items, digital products, subscriptions, and print-on-demand products.
- Sellfy offers a free plan for those who want to try out the features before committing to a paid plan.
- You get paid the same day you make a sale. Sellfy does not delay your funds like other payment processors do.
- Print-on-demand services are available directly from your store, so you can sell products to fans without setting up an integration.
- You can do all the store related activities through the mobile app and all the online stores have mobile responsive layouts.
- Everything you need to create your website is included, including custom domain name hosting, security for your files, and the ability to customize your store
- File security features can help protect your digital property by allowing you to place PDF stamps, set download limits, and SSL encryption.
- Sellfy provides unlimited support.
- Sellfy provides simple and intuitive tax and VAT configuration settings.
- Marketing strategies include coupons, email marketing, upsells, tracking pixels, and cart abandonment.
- Although the free plan is useful, it limits you to only 10 products.
- Paid plans often require an upgrade if you exceed a certain amount of sales per year.
- The storefront layouts are clean, but they are not unique templates to create a completely different brand image.
- Sellfy branding is removed from your hosted product when you upgrade to the $49 per month Business plan.
- The free plan does not allow you to sell digital or subscription products.
In this article, we’ve taken a look at some of the biggest benefits associated with using sellfy for eCommerce. Once you compare these benefits to what you get with other platforms like Shopify, you should find that sellfy is worth considering for your business. After reading this article, all your questions will be solved, but if you still have some, please let me know in the comment section below, I will be happy to answer your questions.
Qualification: This article contains affiliate links, which means that we earn a small commission if you buy the Sellfy premium plan from our link.