Netflix has thousands of movies and series to explore, but after watching all the popular TV shows and latest movies the streaming service has to offer, it can often feel like there’s nothing better to watch. Well, maybe you’re not looking hard enough.
Hidden deep within Netflix’s settings is a remnant of the streaming service’s past life that allows you to watch recently released movies in theaters and TV shows not usually available on Netflix, for an additional cost. And it’s about DVD.
Read on to find out how to get more Netflix movies and TV shows on DVD. And if you need more great streaming options, check out the. If you like TV shows more, .
wait a minute does netflix still send dvds in the mail?
Yes, that’s right, you can still order DVDs from Netflix. As long as you have a compatible DVD player or game console, you can order DVDs from Netflix to watch movies still playing in theaters like Jurassic Park: Dominion, hard-to-find classics like The Godfather trilogy, and TV shows . from other streaming services, such as Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
What are some movies and TV shows that are only on DVD on Netflix?
The variety of videos available on Netflix DVD includes new movie releases, classic hit TV shows, past Oscar winners, classic horror movies, and just about any other genre you can imagine.
Below is a small list of content you can currently order from Netflix on DVD only:
How do I order DVDs from Netflix?
Before you can order a DVD, you must first have a paid Netflix subscription, which includes all streaming content. The DVD rental option only exists as an add-on to a general Netflix subscription; you cannot pay for it as a separate service.
Currently,for standard definition (480p) streaming on one device at a time.
If you already have a Netflix streaming subscription, it’s fairly simple to add the DVD plan, although you can’t do it through the Netflix app, but rather using the web browser of your choice on your computer:
- Go to the netflix website.
- Sign in to your account and select your profile.
- Hover over your profile icon in the top right.
- Click Account > Add DVD Plan.
Alternatively, you can go to the Dedicated Netflix DVD Website and click on the red Add DVD button.
Then you have three DVD plans to choose from:
- essential ($10 per month): 1 DVD at a time, with unlimited DVDs per month.
- flaw ($15 per month): 2 DVDs at a time, with unlimited DVDs per month.
- Premium ($20 per month): 3 DVDs at a time, with unlimited DVDs per month.
Once you’ve added the DVD plan, you can create a list of movies and shows, and Netflix will ship the DVDs to you in the order you’ve selected. When you’re done with a DVD, put it in a prepaid envelope and mail it back. After Netflix is notified that your previous disc is coming back, your next DVD will be shipped.
The DVD plan also includes Blu-ray discs.
Is Netflix DVD addon worth paying for?
Not sure if you should pay more to rent DVDs from Netflix? It’s an expensive move for physical media, but it might be worth it if you fall into one of these categories:
- You want to see better quality. Although streaming is convenient, you usually can’t get the video quality of a DVD or Blu-ray.
- You want the special features of the discs. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs may include outtakes, deleted scenes, cast and director commentary, and behind-the-scenes documentaries not included with the broadcast versions.
- You pay for other streaming services and want to save money. If the shows and movies you want to watch from other paid services are available on DVD from Netflix, you can save money by adding the Netflix feature and not paying for other streaming subscriptions.
- You don’t have good internet service.. You can’t stream Netflix without a decent internet connection, but you can watch a DVD without interruption, even when your internet service isn’t working.